Death By PowerPoint? No Thanks! – Digital Storytelling Using PowerPoint
PowerPoint has the ability to utterly, utterly destroy your soul with boredom – and yet it can totally engage your students’ attention and draw them into a digital story plot if used well. And how should you use it well? These slides will show you!
I have posted these before, but this is a slightly updated version that I made for the teachers and trainers at Bolzano Free University’s language department (a tri-lingual University in the north of Italy!)
I had wanted to upload this to VoiceThread so that you, my dear readers, could ask and answer questions and see how effective Voicethread is – unfortunately, Voicethread allows a maximum of 50 slides per presentation and … well… this has several more slides than this. Anyhow, the first slides are the digital story part. If you’d like to skip straight to the PowerPoint hints and tips, go to slide number 48.
Hope this is helpful – if you have any questions, leave them in a comment. I’d love to hear from you!
- A Charge Towards the Finish Line
- iDidattica- iPads in Schools
- 10 Key Things I’ve Learned about IWBs – IATEFL Conference Istanbul.
- Take Your Phone Out Of Your Pocket (And Use It In Class) – Karin Tirasin and Cigdem Ugur
- Vicky Saumell – The Lesson Comes First, Technology is Just an Aid #IATEFL
- Nik Peachey – Technology Is Not That Hard Now #IATEFL
- Michele Facci – Common Sense When Using Internet with Teenagers
- Scott Thornbury – The Massive Potential of Technology #IATEFL
- Paul Maglione Talks: “Entertainment, Education and Gamification.” #IATEFL
- Lucio Bragagnolo – An Italian Steve Jobs