Best of The BETT – Part 5
I don’t mind admitting to having a really pleasant surprise with this company. I had never heard of Frog before, which seems quite strange considering how big they seem to be in the UK. Frog had a huge stand at BETT, with loads of people working for them, and looking at their product you can see why.
Frog is a virtual learning environment (VLE) that has something of the social network about it, something of Google IG, something of English360, and generally speaking looks really nice. It’s not really possible in just a short four or five-minute demonstration to get a good in depth idea of the strengths and weaknesses of something as complicated as a VLE, but the first impressions of frog were very good. What’s more, the guy that I got to do an interview for Digitalang was none other than the CEO Gareth Davies.
I asked Gareth the same three questions I asked everyone else: “Why do you come to BETT”, “What have you been talking to people about most?” and ” What are you doing to make teachers’ lives easier?” I thought Gareth gave some good answers.
- Take Your Phone Out Of Your Pocket (And Use It In Class) – Karin Tirasin and Cigdem Ugur
- Vicky Saumell – The Lesson Comes First, Technology is Just an Aid #IATEFL
- Nik Peachey – Technology Is Not That Hard Now #IATEFL
- Ronaldo Lima Jr. – Challenges when Adopting Digital Teaching #IATEFL
- Scott Thornbury – The Massive Potential of Technology #IATEFL
- Paul Maglione Talks: “Entertainment, Education and Gamification.” #IATEFL
- Lucio Bragagnolo – An Italian Steve Jobs
- TED-ED – The Flipped Classroom Has Officially Arrived!
- Teacher Development Webinar – “Using Virtual Meeting Tools with Students.” #besig
- Video – Build a PLN Step-by-Step (Personal Learning Network)